Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bangkok Safe

After a long, but fairly pleasant flight and a small run-in with some Korean immigration authorities I've arrived in Thailand. Got in late last night Thai-time and just went straight to my hotel to unpack. Then headed out down my street and found this little alleyway where they had all sorts of stalls for a snack and a coupe of beers. I relaxed there and people-watched. It was quite the busy little alley. My favorite person was this drunken Brit who seemed to know the restaurant owner, and was repeating over and over, "Manny Paquio, pound-for-pound, simply the best." He did this over and over and over, and...

I completely agreed with his estimation of the top pound-for-pound boxer, I just don't know if the stall staff shard his excitement.

Today I've gotta get my ticket for Koh Tao. It's an overnight bus and I have a few hours to kill so I'm about to head out and find the bus company office and then go find the most intresting thing I can to eat.

3 comments:

  1. Go Nate! I hope that I don't have to re-vote to a 50% from my hopeful 90% due to your small run-in in SK. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Koh Tao!! Stay at the bluewind or at least go have breakfast there one am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that where the full moon party is? Go crazy Nate, show them how H-town Gingers do it

    ReplyDelete