Saturday, December 26, 2009

Back Home And Ready To Go

I arrived back home on the morning of the 26th after a total of 15 hours on 2 planes. I'm finally starting to feel like my body is adjusting to US time and am beginning to get some motivation to actually do something with my day beyond lounge around and watch tv. I think my big project today is going to be to get my passport renewal application in the mail so I can actually leave the country again come February when I'm planning on heading to Central and South America.

It's funny the random things that you end up missing on a long trip. For me, drinking tap water was the biggest thing I missed. It got to the point that I started drinking half-glasses of tap water the last couple days in Saigon, just on principal. Screw you sketchy developing country water. It didn't backfire on me, luckily. Since I've been back I haven't touched a drop of bottled water and don't intend to for as long as I am home.

Other things I missed included cooking, hoppy beers, burritos, and the usual family and friends, blah blah blah. But especially burritos. Burritos are a staple of my diet (average consumption: 4 a week) and I was stuck by multiple cravings for them while on the road. Luckily I held out and didn't eat some crappy simulacrum of a delicious Cali Mexican food treat. Those first bites of a Taqueria Guadalajara carnitas super burrito made it all worthwhile...

I'll have a few posts up later on a few topics I wanted to write about but didn't find the time to while on my trip. Hope everyone has a good New Year!

P.S. I have my phone back and it is the same number I had before leaving. So I can be reached on that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment