Monday, April 12, 2010

Back From Mindo

Just got back from Mindo, a cool little mountain town a couple hours from Quito. It has some pristine cloud forest, lots of rivers and a ton to do. I did a bunch of hiking, ziplined around, floated down a river and generally had a great time. I came back to Quito today as the power had been out for two days up there, and I wanted to get back to civilization.

Next, I`m headed to the Cotopaxi Volcano to stay at this hostel in the middle nowhere. I guess there are lots of hikes, bike rides and whatnot to do in the area. I wanted to climb the volcano, but being an idiot I didn`t bring my hiking boots, just running shoes. I don`t want to shell out for another pair on top of the expensive trip to the top so I`m going to pass on hiking it and just hike around it.

I`m finally posting some pictures that I salvaged from my various camera disasters. I`ll try and get some up from Mindo, but don`t want to plug it into the sketchy computer I`m in so am going to hold off till I can burn them onto a CD.


Cool door in Quito

Plaza Grande in Quito

View from the top of Basilica Voto Nacional


Cool window

Quito from the Teleferico

Church where I got yelled at (a sign might be a good idea?)for taking pictures of the blinged out interior

Basilica Voto Nacional

Hiking the Teleferico

Thunderclouds

Lupine and paintbrush at 4200 meters

2 comments:

  1. No way Nate, don't listen to Erica. Live the dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I miss you, I agree with Crazy E. Take your time out there. Savor every minute you are on foreign land. I'm already going through withdrawals and thinking of the next adventure after school starts...

    Keep on writing, friend.

    ReplyDelete