Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Un par de pantalones

Note: this post was from about a week ago but the computer I was on crashed before I got it up. I don`t know why I`m bothering to post it now, but I am. I wouldn`t read it, it`s not very intresting.

After having my legs get chewed to bits up in Mindo by these little biting black flies, I decided that I needed a pair of good treking pants if I was going to do as much hiking as I want to. I`m heading to the Cotopaxi area tommorow morning so set out today to find a pair.

I figured that the big mall by the stadium here in Quito would be a good place to start. I headed down there on the bus and noticed a big sign advertising Columbia gear at this one store in the mall. Excellent sign.

What I discovered after an hour of searching four different stores is that XL isn`t really a size carried here. I wasn`t able to find a single pair that actually fit. I found a pair of 36 waist pants, but they were not anywhere near long enough. With time running out, I needed a plan.

Thinking that "Gringoland" (the touristy area I stayed in for a bit) would be a better bet, I hopped on another bus in a torrential downpour. I dashed through Gringoland, and checekd in 2 shops. No luck on the right size. Finally, I found this well-stocked shop that had all sorts. I hope they serve me well around Cotopaxi.

No comments:

Post a Comment