Friday, June 11, 2010

For a small country...

...it sure takes a long time to get anywhere. After getting sick of not having any sun on the beach, I decided it was time to start making my way to Columbia. So I caught the one daily bus from Mompiche to Esmeraldas (the biggest shithole of a town I have seen yet in Ecuador incidentally). A less than 100k trip on little backroads took over three hours. Having not really thought things through, I assumed that Esmeraldas to Quito would take about 3 hours. WRONG. It took over seven, so I didin`t get into Quito until about 11 last night. I found a little hotel to crash that luckily had tv, so I didin`t have to go find somewhere to watch the opener today. Anyhow, after that scumbag Rafa Marquez ruined what was shaping up to be a nice little morninig, I decided to just stay in Quito for the day. I stocked up on books, got some lunch and am about to go watch Uruguay-France. Tommorow I may head to Ibarra early, or may just stay here untill after the US-England match. It`ll be a game time decision...

No comments:

Post a Comment