Saturday, June 26, 2010

San Augustine

I´ve been in this town up in the mountains called San Augustine for the last two days. There are a bunch of cool stone sculptures up here from these Indians that used to live up here. I´ve been checking out the archaeological parks and tomorrow am going to head too this village called San Andres, which has these tombs you can go down into. Apparently they are pretty cool.

I was almost going to skip San Andres after hearing that the FARC put in a little appearance in the town the day of the recent presidential elections, but I guess it is pretty safe. That was the first time in years they had been seen there and they only made an appearance because it was election day. I met this German guy who was standing right next to one of the guerrillas when he came into this little shop and asked to use the bathroom. Apparently he was really polite and didn't give the gringo any problems. Should be interesting...

1 comment:

  1. Sick man, I'm updated on the adventures of the Beave. You should have bought a few cases of booze to sell on the weekend where it was banned, I bet you could have made some more travel money. Food sounds good man, just remember even if it's a little disappointing, at least it's Latin influenced and not English influenced. I've had enough boiled sausage and fried food to last me a few lifetimes.

    ReplyDelete