Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Working

I´ve spent the last week plus up at Secret Garden Cotopaxi. I´ve been doing work around the farm and leading hikes to these waterfalls and up a volcano called Pasochoa. It´s been really good - eating well, getting exercisie and meeting a ton of people.

I took today off to come into town to check email and get some warmer clothes. It gets COLD up there. It was hailing a bunch the other day.

Last Saturday I went to this local fiesta to celebrate the end of the local soccer league. They had a cow roping competition, bronco riding and then let everyone into the bull ring to get chased by bulls. I got in there but after seeing a guy being pulled out by his buddies with a hoof print on his forehead, unable to stand, I decided to make my exit. It was awesome day overall - there were three gringos there total among the hundreds of locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment